Sunday, March 25, 2012

Circle Berries, Wax, and Storks

I bought two new food items on Friday.  Well, new to us in the sense that one is an item I have never bought and the other is an item that I rarely buy.  Of course, Aaron noticed both of them and so last night we had a conversation.  Is there ever a time that we DON'T have a conversation?!

The first item he talked and talked about are these:




I got some pretty blackberries at Sam's on Friday.  I don't remember the last time I bought blackberries.  Neither does Aaron.

"Mom, what are these?"  he asked as he held up a fat blackberry.  "They look like our mulberries that we used to have."

I told him that they are blackberries.  He was very intrigued by their color and their shape, but his conclusion was that they definitely have the wrong name. 

"Mom, they should be called circle berries."

Circle berries?  "Yeah!  Look at all the circles on them!"

And you know, they do have many little circles that are all put together to make:  Circle Berries!!


The other item I bought was a bottle of Sweet Banana Wax Peppers.  He saw them in their jar and was puzzled.  "Mom, why are they called wax peppers?"  I wasn't sure, really, so told him I didn't know.  But I assured him that they are not wax, even pulling one out for him to reluctantly smell. 

He just couldn't figure out that wax part, though.  "Wax is like a thing we use to do things with tools."

Once you decipher that sentence, it really makes perfect sense.



And lastly, tonight he was - for who knows what reason - talking once again about the fact that storks do NOT bring babies.  "Mom, that legend about storks bringing babies isn't true, is it?"

Nope, Aaron...........that stork legend is just that............a legend (since that's what he likes to call it). 

And he ended by saying, "So the stork is not a baby bringer?"

Right.............storks are not baby bringers............not at all. 


And I'm glad he left the kitchen on that note, before he wanted to talk any further about baby bringers!

No comments:

Post a Comment