Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Temperature - Who CARES?!

As you know, Aaron talks about the weather a lot.  Several times over the past few days he's looked at his handy, dandy clock that he carries around - the one that has the indoor and outdoor temperatures - and informed me of the temperature outside.  That's so routine that I hardly bat an eye. 

Today he saw the clouds coming in and wanted to know if it was going to rain.  I knew what I needed to do, so instead of dragging it out I just went ahead and asked, "Aaron, do you want me to look at the radar?"   And of course he eagerly said, "Yes!"  This is one reason that I really like my tablet that Gary got me for my birthday.  It's easy to grab it, pull up the AccuWeather radar, and make Aaron happy. 

Nope, Aaron, no rain nearby right now.  I think it's going to stay dry.  Then he wants to discuss if I'm glad it's not going to rain - or do I want it to rain - when do I think it will rain - am I SURE it's not going to rain - do I think it'll rain later.............

If I was a meteorologist, Aaron and I would just love these conversations.  I'm not a meteorologist.  I love weather, too.............just not as much as Aaron.

And not like last night.  I went to bed a little earlier than I usually do, before Gary came up, and was laying there all relaxed and just dozing off...................when my door burst open like someone was going to tell me that the house was on fire!!!

"MOM!!!!!!  Do you think it's REALLY 53 outside?!!"

Oh, good grief!  YesAaronit's53andgotobed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Oh, OK,"  he said.   And off the thumped up the hall, somehow satisfied to have asked the question and totally unconcerned that he scared me to death and woke me up. 

Is there a dial 1-800-WEATHER that he could call?

1 comment:

  1. ACTUALLY there is a weather hotline... I think maybe it was 838-2222 back when I was growing up. You may or may not want to tell Aaron that, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete