Friday, November 18, 2011

More Subway

Aaron does love subs.  He loves to get a sub on Fridays if I say yes.  Today I said yes, so off we went to Subway -first stopping at Dillons to buy Subway gift cards and get the quadruple fuel frenzy points.  I was nearly in a frenzy by the time we left the store because he took off for the video section while I paid.  He knows he has some birthday money, but I said no to every movie.  Why does he have such lousy taste in movies anymore?  The scarier the better.  The scarier, the more I say NO!

Anyway, we went to Subway and my heart sank because there were 3 people in line in front of us.  This gives Aaron lots of time to talk - loudly, remember - and talk he did.  He discussed all the posters on the walls.............not only discussed them, but wanted to stand in front of each one and point to each item that he was discussing - loudly.   What kind of cheese; what kind of meat; what to do with a grater; what kind of sauce in the pretty pot;  so forth and so on.  Oh, and the wallpaper.  Why did it have that design, is it old fashioned, etc., etc. 

There was a young girl in front of us, with her mother, and she was very fascinated by Aaron.  You would have thought from the look on her face that ET was standing behind her instead of Aaron.  She was trying to figure him out and hardly was able to order her sub.  I finally caught her eye and smiled, and also laughed at some of the things Aaron said.  The girl relaxed and smiled back.  I wanted her to know that it's OK - that Aaron won't bite or take off in a spaceship or anything.  People have so much to learn.  I understand that. 

Aaron is totally oblivious to reactions such as hers.  He's so excited to be there.  It was time for him to order.  He says:  "Can I have the white bread?  Can I have the American cheese?  Can I get the 60 cent cheese?"  (That's the extra cheese, by the way - and I said no).  "Why no 60 cent cheese, Mom?" 

Aaron, you don't have to ask the worker if you can have the food.  Just order - nicely.

"Can I have the lettuce and tomatoes?  Can I have the pepper - the GREEN pepper?  Can I have the RED onions?" 

And of course, the mayonnaise.

"Can I have the WHITE mayonnaise?"  And so this time the worker gave him LITE mayonnaise!  HaHaHaHa!  White and lite do rhyme.  I just smiled.

I told Aaron to sit down while I waited for the people in front of us to pay, and then paid for ours.  I heard him make a noise - he loves to make unusual noises - and so I gave him The Look.  He was quiet for a minute.  Then I heard the meowing noise, just as I turned to tell him it was time to leave. 

As we walked to the door, past all the other people in line, he asked - loudly - "Was the cat noise OK, Mom?" 

Where's our spaceship parked?

No comments:

Post a Comment