Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Give Me More! - End of Day Update

If you did not read my previous post - Give Me More! - then you should read it now so that this post will have more meaning.

Now:  Aaron recently returned home and I heard the rustling of a bag.  A Wal-Mart bag, I presumed.  I was right.  He came downstairs to talk to Gary and I, and out of the bag he pulled.............croissants.  His love affair with this bread continues.  In the container were two croissants left uneaten - at that point.  

"Mom, I got a large Cheddar Pasta Salad but I couldn't get two croissants because it cost $11.01."

Since Aaron took $8.39 to Wal-Mart, then he was confined to that amount and $11.01 was more than he had to spend.  I asked, "So Aaron, how did you know that it cost $11.01to get two croissants and your LARGE Cheddar Pasta Salad?  You must have taken two boxes of croissants up to the register and tried to buy them."

"No!" he said.  "I only bought one!"

But you must have taken TWO up to the register, right?

"Well, yes, I took two but I didn't have $11.01.  So I just could buy one box!"

Ah-ha!  So much for Aaron using restraint in his food purchasing.  I should have known.  The only thing restraining him from buying 12 croissants instead of the 6 he bought was his $8.39.  I guarantee that before his next Wal-Mart trip he will be asking for $11.01.

When he left the house this morning, his bed was a mess and he asked me to help him make it.  I didn't have time to do that, so after we talked about his Wal-Mart trip, he asked, "Mom, did you help me make my bed while I was gone?"

This isn't the first time he has asked this question and my answer is the same:  "Aaron, how can I help YOU make the bed when YOU are gone?  Isn't that just ME making the bed?"

"Yeah, but did you help me make it?"

No, Aaron.........I did not help you make your bed while you were gone.  I smile.  He's oblivious.

He went to the other room to talk to Gary and returned soon, licking his lips.  Of course, the remaining two croissants were history and the container was empty.

"Mom!  After Wal-Mart, do you know what we then did?"

No, Aaron - what did you then do?

"We went to Sonic!"

I am feeling stuffed just thinking about Aaron's Sonic trip on top of a large Cheddar Pasta Salad and 6 croissants (although he said he shared).

But he assured me that he just got water at Sonic.  Yay!  A wise choice!

We went upstairs so that I could actually help HIM make his bed since I didn't help him make it while he was gone.  Now he has gone to Lowe's with Gary and no telling what stories he will return telling..............or Gary will tell me behind Aaron's back.

At least we know there are no croissants at Lowe's!

No comments:

Post a Comment