Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Woops!

When it comes to areas of modesty, Aaron is pretty much on track with the rest of us.............but not totally.  Just ask Andrea about the times Aaron has started up the hall in his skivvies, sees Andrea, and isn't very embarrassed at all.  Maybe he's a little TOO comfortable with family?

And then there have been the golden moments when someone has been here who is not family and Aaron begins to tell them about his Vegal Nerve Stimulator, and about how he had to have surgery to have it put in, and do you want to see it?.................and then he yanks his shirt up to show his scar and to point out the round VNS that is under his skin.  There is a simultaneous chorus from the rest of us standing there as reach toward Aaron and yell, "NOOOOOO!!".........but it's too late and the poor visitor is treated to a view of all of Aaron from his pants up as he proudly shows his scar and then squeezes the VNS under his skin (yuck!) and..............well, it's just a speechless moment for our hapless guest and a red-faced moment for the family.   Oh, but not for Aaron.  He's just very sure that everyone wants to see a good scar and experience seeing a VNS under someones skin and then see where the leads hook up in his neck.  If we're having dinner, I do try to assure that this occurrence is AFTER dinner - but with Aaron, you never know. 

I bought Aaron some new underwear last year............new design, new style.........and he was very interested in all this newness.   Some of them are striped.  I don't know why they are striped, but they are.  So the next day I was in the bathroom fixing my hair, and Aaron had just showered.  Soon I heard that familiar thump, thump, thump that meant he was walking up the hall to my room.   He purposefully came into the bathroom..........wearing only a pair of the new striped underwear.  "Mom!!  See?!  I look like a zebra!!" 

There are some things that I should not have to see...........and I'm not talking about a zebra.  I enjoy seeing zebras at the zoo.  I did NOT enjoy seeing Aaron standing in my bathroom in his new striped underwear, telling me that he looked like a zebra.  He did NOT look like a zebra.  He looked like............never mind.  Anyway, I told him that he should not be walking around in his underwear and he could not understand why I wasn't interested in seeing him look like a zebra and I told him to please leave and go dress...........while I tried to free my mind from the image I had just endured.

Yesterday after Aaron got home from his day group, he and I took Jackson on a walk around the circle.  When we got back to the house, Aaron went right up to his room to undress and get his comfy pajamas on.  In a few minutes I headed up the stairs, only to find Aaron undressing in his room with the door open............and only his underwear on.  He heard me at the moment that I saw him through his open door and as he scooted out of the way, he said, "Woops!"   And I said, "Aaron!  Are you undressed?"

Whereupon he replied, "No!  I have my underwear on!" 

I don't even want to know at what level Aaron must think he has to be in order to be "undressed." 

We obviously have some work to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment