Thursday, March 29, 2012

She's Perfect!

I do believe that I have firmly established the fact that Aaron loves to eat.  A lot!  Loves it a lot and eats a lot! 

I was out yesterday when my cell phone rang.  My friend, Melody, asked if she could stop by after picking her son up from school.  She had a treat to drop off, she said.  Oh my, how nice!  I love those unexpected surprises!  I told her that I wouldn't be home, but Aaron might be home by then.

Melody brought the treat over and sure enough, I wasn't at home..........but Aaron was.  She rang the doorbell and heard him inside saying something about "ding-dong, the doorbell is ringing" or some such thing.  He said hi to her and was pretty polite, I think, which brought a deep sigh of relief from me.  We never know with Aaron.  He's been known to just grab things from people at the door and then firmly shut the door.  If someone doesn't know Aaron, that can be pretty shocking. 

This simple exchange made quite an impression on Aaron.  When I returned home, Aaron immediately said, "Mom!  This woman came to our door and brought those!"  He pointed to the bag on the table.  Inside were delicious dipped pretzel goodies.  YUM!!



Aaron continued, "So why did she bring those?  Do you know her?" 

Aaron, since when do random people that we don't know show up at our door with food?  I assured him that she is a friend from church and we talked about how kind it was for her to share these delicious treats with us.

This morning, this whole incident was still on Aaron's mind.  He talked again about how Melody came to our house, bringing food.  Then he said, "So.........does she, like, deliver food?"

He said it in such a hopeful way that I knew what his mind was imagining.  And I could almost hear the angels singing in Aaron's world.

He has just discovered the PERFECT woman!!!!!

She comes to our door, delivering FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated to ruin his dream.......to pop his bubble.........to jerk him back to reality.

No, Aaron.......Melody does not routinely deliver food.  This was a special thank-you, a sweet gesture in more ways than one........a treat!  Do not expect regular food deliveries.  Come back to earth!

Now do you want a bowl of cereal?  You can fix it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment