Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not Right Away

Aaron has been wanting to buy a Scooby Doo video, so today I let him take the last of his Christmas gift cash with him to Paradigm.  They go to Wal-Mart, usually, on Tuesday...........so I took a chance on giving him this extra money but I left him with specific instructions.

"Aaron,"  I said, "Don't go right in and start buying a bunch of candy.  You can get some lunch, but look for that video you want.  You can bring the money home that you don't spend.  You don't have to spend it all." 

Very clear, I thought.

Aaron came home this afternoon carrying a Wal-Mart bag..........but I could tell that it didn't have a DVD in it.   I asked him if he found the DVD at Wal-Mart.

"No," he said, "They didn't have the DVD.  So I went to Subway and got a combo meal.  And then I got this........."   And he pulled out this huge bag of...............naturally...............Skittles. 




Aaron, I told you not to buy a bunch of candy.

He answered, "Mom, you said not to buy candy right away, so I didn't.  I waited until after lunch to buy it." 

He should go into politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment