Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mom, Can You.............?

Aaron certainly does have his particular ways of doing things and is not likely to change.  I saw this fact about Aaron two times this morning.

Number One:

I have some uncapped strawberries laying out for us to eat.  Aaron doesn't like to eat uncapped strawberries.  Earlier I had walked through the kitchen and saw where he had started to remove the top of a strawberry.  Later he asked, "Mom, can I have some strawberries?"  I said, "Sure, Aaron.  You can have some strawberries."

He paused.  "Mom, can you take the top leaves off?"  So I discussed with him how you can hold and eat a strawberry with the top leaf part on, and then throw the top leaf part away.  But, no, he will have no part of eating a strawberry with the top leaf part on.  He will not change concerning the top leaf part of a strawberry and I may as well remove that top leaf part of the strawberry if I expect him to eat it. 



Number Two:

Aaron has a reversible comforter on his bed.  He has always had the polka dot side up as opposed to the striped underside.  Granted, the polka dot side is prettier..............but last week I decided to see how he would handle a change.  After we changed his sheets and he had left the room, I flipped the comforter over to the striped side.

He surprised me by letting the striped side remain up for several days.  But finally he flipped the comforter over to the polka dot side.  We did not speak of this flipping incident.  Until this morning. 

We were changing his sheets again, and as we neared the time to put the comforter on, Aaron asked, "Mom, can you make the polka dots where you can see the polka dots part?" 

So now the comforter is comfortably on his bed, situated where you can see the polka dots part.  He will have it no other way, I am sure now. 



There is not much flip-flopping in Aaron's world, that's for certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment