Thursday, February 23, 2012

Random Conversation

There is rarely ever a dull moment with Aaron.........at least not when he's talking.  And he hardly ever DOESN'T talk so therefore there is hardly ever a dull moment.  We have funny moments......frustrating moments.........repetitive moments...........loud moments...........puzzling moments...........angry moments........sad moments.........but never dull. 

I thought that I would share with you a few of his conversations tonight as he and I watched American Idol.  Yes, I like American Idol............not the name, I have to admit, but I love the singing and the competition.  Aaron enjoys it, too - or maybe just enjoys having me as his captive audience so he can...............talk.

As soon as he came downstairs he started telling me about his day in the mall.  No matter that we had talked about it earlier..........he had more to say.  He's always been fascinated by the oriental massage in the mall and would LOVE to have one - pretty much up there with how much he wants a manicure or pedicure.  He said, "Mom, I turned around and that oriental guy asked me if I wanted a massage."  Aaron laughed and laughed after he told me about this incident, as if this was just all too funny.

I asked him if he wanted a massage and he told me that he thinks it's too expensive.  He was having a hard time remembering the prices and then said, "It's different prices because of the minutes added to the dollars." 

What a neat way of describing the pricing!  I just shake my head at his descriptions.

He had told me earlier that he got a grape slushie at Sonic today.  So after the massage discussion, he took his glasses off and said, "Mom, the watery part of the smoothie got on my glasses!  Can you clean them?"  The watery part of the smoothie?  Hmmmm.........OK.

He then transitioned right into talking about one of his former staff who has a baby, and that she came to visit today with the baby.  Aaron has a very hard time describing babies by their ages.  And so he said, "Mom, that baby was a little toddler kind of thing."  Maybe some sensitivity training would be in order?

He talked about the singers and how they sang and why some of them cried and what kind of clothes they wore and what their hair looked like and why they were sad when they didn't make the top 24 and that they were cry babies then. 

He talked about the latest movie he's watching and what movie he watched before that and what the plot was or is and when it was made and do I want to watch the monster one and why don't I want to watch the monster one and the movie they talked about on TV looks like it's for kids and that other movie looked good and maybe Paradigm will go see it some day and would that be OK. 

He talked about a phrase that a client at Paradigm said and could he say that phrase and why couldn't he say that phrase and did that guy say it because he didn't live at home and have a family to help him and why can't he say that phrase anyway?

He explained why he pulled the lamp over closer to him while he ate his Skittles and told me that it was because he had both red and purple in his hand and that because he's color blind he can't tell the red from the purple and that he can't eat a red one with a purple one and don't I eat them that way, too? 

When he started in on global warming and what is global warming and do I think global warming is true and why do "they" want us to believe it is and what do "they" say it will do to the weather and..............

I was pretty well comatose and I think I agreed to something about global warming but I'm not sure what it was.  At least I didn't agree that the baby was a "toddler kind of thing" and I did clean the "watery part of the smoothie" off of his glasses and I told him that no, he did not need a massage. 

But I could use one.

No comments:

Post a Comment