Sunday, February 19, 2012

1/2 and 1/2

Aaron often talks about things being "half" - like when he said he was "half-way losing weight" - or that he's "half tired" and so forth.  Today he walked in the kitchen and said, "Mom, this morning I went outside, but it was half cold and half warm, so I came back inside."  I asked him why he came inside.

He looked at me like I was more than a little dense and answered, "Because I couldn't stand being half cold and half warm!" 

So I just had to ask him, "Well, which were you?  Half cold or half warm?"

And of course his response was, "I was half cold AND half warm!"

I then urged him to go back outside.  I told him that it was 53 degrees outside............and I resisted the urge to tell him that 53 is half cold and half warm.  I thought about it, though!

So outside he went, with his mulch trashcan, and stayed for awhile.  I snuck a picture out the window as he busily "worked" in the mulch and relaxed in the sunshine.






When he came inside, I asked, "So Aaron, how was it outside just now?"

He dryly answered, "It was still half cold and half warm." 

I thought it was warm, Aaron.

"No, it was half cold and half warm." 

Later tonight I had to ask one more time if he had a good time going outside today. 

"Yeah, but it was still half cold and half warm." 

Well, nothing is going to change Aaron's mind on the half cold/half warm weather today.  I think we need to tell the weather forecasters about this. 

At least their forecasts could be right half the time!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps his coat was "warm" while the rest of him was "cold"? Thanks for the smile! =-)

    ReplyDelete