Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Stripped Cheese

If Aaron is given a choice of something to buy at the deli, either at Dillons or Wal-Mart, he'll choose a Cheddar Pasta Salad 99.99% of the time.  And 99.99999% of the time he'll order a large Cheddar Pasta Salad.  When it comes to eating, Aaron is definitely a "larger is far better" kind of guy. 

Anyway, today he came home from his group and said, "Mom, I got a Cheddar Pasta Salad at Wal-Mart for lunch.  I got a large [shock!] and I'm stuffed!" 

I was glad that he was able to get the Cheddar Pasta Salad today.  It was last Tuesday that the deli was out of his favorite salad, and he bought those 36 rolls.  A large Cheddar Pasta Salad is better - believe me!

After telling me that he bought his Cheddar Pasta Salad [large -shock!], he proceeded to discuss each ingredient with me - from the "twirled pasta" to the dressing.  "Mom, it has those purple onions."  Yes, Aaron, and for some reason they're called red onions.  Being color blind, this doesn't overly concern him.  Good. 

"And it has broccoli - it's very crunchy!"  Yes, and good for you, too.

"It has that dressing that you don't like too much.  Is it mustard?"   Oh, good grief!  AGAIN??!!   Can he not ever tell the difference between mustard and mayonnaise?  "No, Aaron - it's mayonnaise.  Remember, mayonnaise is white."   "Oh, yeah!!!  Mustard is yellow!"   For the time being, yes.  Until we talk about it again.

He continued, "And Mom, it has that yellow stripped cheese."   Well, that's a new one.  It took me a minute.   "Aaron, stripped cheese?"   

"Yeah!  You know, it's in pieces." 

Aha!  Of course!  The grated cheese IS in pieces that are strips.  I pulled out a bag of my grated cheese and we talked about it, and about the cheese being grated. 

I don't know, though.  I really love Aaron's descriptive words.  Sometimes I wonder if I ruin a good thing by "educating" him. 

Stripped cheese it is! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment