Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Opportunist

Last night I was saying my good nights to Aaron.  He was busy playing a game on his computer, so I went in his room to make sure his clothes were laid out for the next day.  I gave him a hug goodnight, and told him that I wanted him to do better tomorrow morning about getting off the computer to get ready to leave for his group. 

A few minutes later he was getting his bed ready for the night and I went back into his room to say goodnight one more time.  As I walked out he said, "Hey Mom!  If I get off the game good in the morning, can you give me some money?" 

Well, Aaron Daniel!  No!  I do NOT give you money for good behavior that's expected of you!

And he replied, "Oh, come on.  Can't we make a deal?" 

No deal, Aaron!

So this morning he did a very good job of leaving his game, getting his shower taken, and all his other morning expectations.  As I walked by the bathroom and saw him finishing up with brushing his teeth, I said, "Good job, Aaron!" 

He looked up and said, "Can I have a dollar?" 

I'm not sure yet if I should admire his opportunism or be a little worried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment