Monday, October 10, 2011

Aaron and HIS Weight

Those of you who have followed my life with Aaron on Facebook for awhile know that he often talks about his weight.  He asks - a lot - if I think he's losing weight.  One of his "famous" sayings from a long time ago was, "Mom, do you think I'm almost losing weight?"   Well, now, how am I supposed to know if you're ALMOST losing weight?  But when I posted this, many of us girls decided that this would be our new mantra.    [How's the weight loss going?  You know, I'm almost losing weight!!  Yep, almost there - almost losing that weight!]   Sigh..............story of my life..............ALMOST losing weight!

Aaron's conversation with me today was so typical of him.  He came bounding in the house after his group dropped him off and began immediately telling me about his day.  It went like this:
       
"Mom, I went to Quik Trip and you know those Corn Dogs?  Well, I bought four Corn Dogs.  Then I got a Slushee...........a number 52."    (Does he mean a 52 ounce?  Do they even sell 52 ounce drinks?  Maybe a 32?  Who knows?)     Continuing:

"The Corn Dogs came to $5.00.  With the Slushee it became $5.63.  Is it good that I bought Corn Dogs instead of candy?"    (Well........sort of.............but FOUR Corn Dogs?!)
    
"So, Mom, do you think I'm losing weight?"    (It's really hard to tell right now, Aaron.)

"Hey, Mom, can I have some of that vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce on top?" 

 Me:  "No, Aaron, not after FOUR Corn Dogs, plus a number 52 Slushee.  And all that ice cream with chocolate sauce won't help you lose weight!" 

Aaron:  "Oh.  Do you think I'm losing weight?"

Round and around and around he goes..................and where his weight will be, nobody knows! 

1 comment:

  1. hehe. Alyssa always asks "Am I losing lots of pounds and calories?" I just don't know how you 'lose' calories, so I'm never sure how to answer that one...

    ReplyDelete