Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Nightie

Aaron loves, loves, loves to shop............as long as he's getting to look at things that interest him.  That would primarily be DVDs and food.  Definitely not clothes.  Unless you count that one time that he and I went shopping at Wal-Mart - the time that's burned into my memory.  He had gone to the DVDs (of course) while I looked at a few things, and then I went by the movie section to get him so we could pick up a few groceries.  We proceeded to walk down the very large aisle, headed for the grocery section, and my mind was on what items I needed to look for.  I didn't even notice that Aaron was lagging behind. 

I remember that it was near Valentine's Day.  I remember that there seemed to be lots of people in this particular area.  I remember seeing the sexy nighties that hung next to the aisle, on my right.  And then I remember hearing Aaron, large and loud Aaron, very largely and loudly yell, "MOM!!!!"  I turned around and there he stood, quite a ways from me, holding up a very sexy tiger-print nightie.  And he very largely and loudly said, "MOM!!  YOU NEED THIS!!"  I was frozen - except for my face, which was becoming very red and hot.  I was wishing for a sink hole at that moment, right under my feet. 

Then I saw the delight on Aaron's face.  I mean, these nighties were very unusual for him and he's always been curious about the unusual.  He had absolutely no idea that this would embarrass me.  Aaron really thought that it would be great if I got one of those nighties with the cool tiger print.  I can imagine that most of the people observing this scene were hoping that I would NOT buy it, but who cares?  I just smiled at Aaron, told him that I did not need it and to hang it up, and proceeded to go cool myself off in the frozen aisle.   Besides, I liked the red one with feathers better. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is soooo hilarious!! I would have just melted right there in the isle. Guess you're more used to things like this than I am, but I know you were still embarrassed. I'm glad you kept your sense of humor. So did you buy the red one with feathers? Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it so reminds me of Jennifer, but she is usually loud in the tampon isle :S

    ReplyDelete