Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Nightgown Gaffe

While we're on the subject of nightware, before I put it to bed, I'll tell you what Aaron did several months ago.  I had my nightgown on and was almost in bed when I heard him call me from his room.  I know better than not to check on him, so I walked down the hall and into his room.  I don't even remember what he wanted to tell me, but it only took a minute and we were done. 

The next day when he came home from his day group he was filling me in on what he had done that day.  He likes telling me about conversations, too, and so soon he said, "Mom, I told everyone that last night you came in my bedroom in your underwear."   WHAT????!!!!!!   And so I explained that what I wore was a normal, MODEST, nightgown - NOT underwear, for crying out loud.  He was totally unaffected.  "Oh", he said, "I thought it was your underwear."  And he went happily on his way as I stood there wondering what his staff and friends thought of Aaron's weird mother.  The next day I told him word for word what to say to clear it up and clear my name!  I can only hope he did.  And now I also hope that this will be the end of our bedtime nightgown stories.  And they lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. I felt mortified just reading this!!!! Ha! Ha! I would have written a note, gone to the school and made a speech, etc. But I guess the staff is used to Aaron and takes what he says with a grain of salt sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS, this is hysterical....but mortifying!!!

    ReplyDelete