Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Couponing Done RIGHT!



Most of you know that Aaron loves to cut out my coupons on Sunday.  Only on Sunday.  He will not touch a coupon to speak of on any other day.  And I’ve blogged about his insistence that only he can cut the coupons, no matter how tired he is or grouchy he is.  Mom is not allowed to touch the coupons because I do not cut them out correctly.  He also has his trash can that holds the tiny little clippings from where he cuts the strips of paper into smaller pieces……and the trash can that holds larger pieces of paper……and his carefully orchestrated stack of left over pages from which he cut the coupons……..and then his coupon box in which each coupon is carefully placed.

It’s exhausting.

I usually try to sneak a peek at the coupons on Sunday mornings before he sees them.  That way I can remove pages of coupons that contain items I won’t buy.  This saves Aaron a lot of time.  However, he has seen sections of coupons that I am hiding from him when I buy an extra paper……and war breaks out.  He insists on cutting them out, no matter how tired he is…..because they are coupons……..and they have dotted lines……..and they must be cut.

 I cleverly look at the coupons before he gets out of bed, if possible.  I hide the coupon pages I remove deep under all the sale papers and stick them in the middle of the newspaper that will be put in the recycle bin later.  Sometimes when I am in the middle of this covert mission I hear him start down the stairs, so I hurriedly shove coupon pages here and there as I try to hide all evidence of my trickery.  I feel a little breathless and guilty as he enters the kitchen.  He hasn’t caught me yet, but I dread the day that he might.  

Aaron does a little of his own hiding, too.  I saw it this past Sunday as I walked through the family room.  There under the bench that sits beside where he clips the coupons lay a couple pieces of paper.  I leaned over closer and saw that the papers were store coupons.  I had put them into the coupon box a couple days earlier………..the coupon box that Aaron uses to hold newspaper coupons.  
  

Silly me.  Don’t I know better?  The coupon box holds the coupons that Aaron cuts……on the dotted lines………just right.  


Store coupons are not newspaper coupons.  Store coupons were not clipped from the coupon pages on a dotted line.  Store coupons have their own place, even if it’s under the bench.  Store coupons do NOT go in the same box as newspaper coupons.  

But I’m a little devious sometimes.  I have put the store coupons back into the newspaper coupon box.  Hehehehe!

Let’s see what happens this Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment