Monday, July 15, 2013

Clothes.......and Shoes.......and Clothes

Like any of us, Aaron has preferences in his life.  He has preferences about what he eats, for instance.  Take chicken..........Aaron has gotten so he will only eat boneless chicken.  When he knows that I'm fixing chicken here at home, he always asks if it is boneless.  If it's not boneless, then he wants the meat cut off the bone.  He doesn't like to get his hands messy by picking up the chicken, and he's very awkward with a knife and fork, so I understand why he wants the chicken cut off the bone......or why he likes to just keep it easy and have boneless chicken. 

He came home from Paradigm the other day and clomped upstairs to find me.  "Mom!" he exclaimed.  "Guess where we went today?" 

He didn't really want me to guess, because he launched right on with his story.  "We went to Church's Chicken!!"  He asked me if I have been to Church's Chicken, and then told me that he had eaten boneless chicken........of course! 

Yes, Aaron, I know how you love boneless chicken!  And he asked, "Mom, do you want chicken that has bones?"

I told him that I do like chicken that has bones, and then I asked, "So do you want chicken that has bones, Aaron?"

"No!!" he replied.  "I cough on them!!"

I started explaining once again that he doesn't need to EAT the bones, but he was already telling me where else they had been that day.  "Mom!  We also went to TJ Maxx!"

Now I know Aaron and I knew that TJ Maxx was probably not his favorite store.  Aaron will go shopping with us at the drop of a hat if he knows we are going to Wal-Mart.....Dillon's.....Aldi......Target............definitely CD Tradepost..........even Lowes or Menards or Ace Hardware with Dad.   I doubted, though, that TJ Maxx would interest him, and I was right.

He continued, "I didn't really like TJ Maxx.  It's just a clothes place."

I told him that they have other things there, too, and he asked, "Like what?"

I quickly racked my brain to think of some of those other things that TJ Maxx has that Aaron would like as he stood there staring at me, waiting for those interesting items that he must have missed. 

All I could come up with in a hurry was shoes, so shoes it was. 

Well, Aaron, TJ Maxx has shoes.

He looked at me like I had just lost my marbles when I said that TJ Maxx has shoes.

"NO!" he replied.  "Shoes are in the CLOTHES family!!!"


It's a lesson about the science of clothes........and shoes........ that I will not soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment