Monday, October 8, 2012

I'll Take Seconds!


Aaron’s color blindness leads to some interesting descriptions of food on his part.  He describes browns and tans as being green, for instance.  One day it was time for lunch and I asked him what he wanted to eat.  We had previously had a Mexican casserole for supper and he liked it, so he remembered that dish when I asked him what he wanted for lunch.  “Mom, can I have some of that Mexican food that was kinda green but yellow, too?”   There was no guacamole involved in this casserole, mind you, so I was a little stumped about how he described it as “kinda green but yellow, too.”  Doesn’t sound at all appealing to me! 

I don’t think this was the same day that he said, as he ate lunch, “Mom, do I get seconds?  Do you want me to fill myself up?”  Aaron, I never need to worry about you filling yourself up.  You do that very well on your own…………and no, you don’t need seconds!  If I was eating a leftover casserole from the frig that was kinda green but yellow, too, I’m not sure I’d even be eating firsts, trust me!

This morning I fixed Aaron some boiled eggs that he likes, and added some bacon as a special treat.  He came home from his group today and said, “Mom, I told Barb what you fixed me this morning.”

So you told her about the boiled eggs and the bacon?

“Yeah, I told her you fixed me those hard eggs and that bacon that was kinda soft and green.”

Hmmmm………sounds like such an appetizing breakfast, Aaron.  Hard eggs and that soft, green bacon.  Yuuumeeeeee!!!

We need to invite Barb over for some hard eggs and soft, green bacon sometime.  I bet she’ll jump at that offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment