Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Cold Continues

Poor Aaron.  He still has his cold, and now besides the snorting he's also been coughing.  Still no nose blowing...............there won't be, either.  I could only hope for that.

I do feel sorry for him and don't like seeing him feel bad.  Aaron has a high tolerance for pain and inconvenience, but he also demonstrates the classic characteristic of many Asperger's individuals in that he is very egocentric.  He definitely demonstrates this trait when he has something like a cold.  He talks and talks and talks about it.  For instance, I just woke him up from a nap and the very first words out of his mouth were, "I don't feel well." 

The other day he was telling me that he can tell he doesn't feel well because at night he's been so tired.  "Mom, I've been easier to fall asleep!"  Then he added, "I sleep on the outside of my bed!" 

He's not running a fever, but the outside of the bed means on top of his covers.  Of course, he had LOTS of covers and in the right order...............and he sometimes wears his sweater that he loves to bed.  Good grief!  I'd sleep on the outside of my bed, too, Aaron!

I fixed him a bite to eat after his nap today.  Then he tried to get into his Mike and Ikes, but I told him that he only needed a few - not a few bowls full!!

"Mom, I still don't feel well." 

Snort.

He decided to watch some television after he ate.  As he walked out of the kitchen, he said, "I'm just not having a fun life!" 

Awww, Aaron.  Spoken in that monotone voice, his statement reminded me of Eeyore.  As if his cold isn't bad enough, he's just been told that he can only have a few Mike and Ikes!

So I fixed him a cup of hot tea, which he loves, and knew that he would feel better all the way around. 

I went downstairs and it wasn't long before I heard the Mike and Ikes rattling into the bowl.  Sounds like Aaron has his own ideas of what will make him feel better! 

Let the fun begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment