Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Aaron! Good Night!!

Last night Aaron was in one of his "I want to talk about everything that I may have missed during the day - before we go to bed"  moods.  It was late and we were, of course, tired.  Gary and I had both stopped by Aaron's bedroom to say goodnight to him.........but last night that wasn't enough.

I was washing my face and Gary was working on his alarm clock when we heard the familiar thump-thump-thump of Aaron coming up the hall.  He passed right by his bathroom, though, and burst.......yes, burst.......into our room. 

Gary patiently reminded him that he COULD knock. 

Aaron responded, "Well, I wanted to say good night."

We already said good night, Aaron.  That zinged right over his head as he said, "Dad, you know the plastic on my lamp burned so Mom and I got a new one."  Gary told him yes, that he had seen the new one and that it was very nice. 

After saying good night again, Aaron left the room............only to burst in soon after that.  "Mom!  Is it going to rain tonight?" 

No, Aaron, we already talked about that.  "Well, is it going to rain tomorrow?"  No, it's not going to rain tomorrow.    "Are you sure it's not going to rain tonight?"  I'm sure, Aaron.  "Do you wish it would rain tomorrow?" 

AARON!!  I don't care about the rain right now!  It's time for bed!

"OK.  Good night, Dad.  Good night, Mom."   

Thump......thump.......uh-oh.   He turned around!!  Door bursts open..............."Mom, can I keep the keyboard in tomorrow?  Have I been doing good on the keyboard?" 

Aaron!   We'll see how you continue to do with the keyboard.  Good night!

"So can Jackson go with us tomorrow?"     No, Aaron, I have errands to run after I drop you off.

Whereupon he began talking to Jackson, who was laying on our floor. 

Aaron!  Go to bed!

"But I wanted to say good night to Jackson.  Good night, Jackson!"

And believe it or not, he actually came back one more time.........burst in the door.............."Mom, do you want me to take my dirty clothes down to the hamper now?" 

Deep breath..............very deep, cleansing breath...........Aaron, take your clothes down tomorrow.  Right now...........GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!

"OK.  Good night Dad.  Good night Mom.  Good night Jackson."

Good night, John Boy!!!! 

Cue the closing music...........I'm going to bed!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment