Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Little Toilet

Can you handle another toilet story?  Well, kind of another toilet story...........because it's not really a toilet at all.  Let me explain.

Last year I bought a new porcelain scented oil warmer to put in the guest bathroom.  I placed it on the counter beside the sink on the day that I bought it.  I got busy with my day and just left it there, not putting the oil in it or plugging it in.  When Aaron came home from Paradigm, he went right to the bathroom first thing................and then darted right back out, carrying the new oil warmer. 

"Mom!!  Why is there a little toilet by the sink?!"

I had to laugh.  You  know, it really did look somewhat like a miniature toilet.  Aaron certainly thought so! 

Some time went by and still I hadn't decided if I wanted to use the oil warmer in that bathroom.  I left it where I had placed it, still unused, and with Aaron's natural distrust of toilets, this little miniature, wanna-be toilet became quite the fascination for him. 

One day he emerged from the bathroom and asked, "Mom, can I put that toilet shape smell thing in my room?" 

I didn't let him do that, but maybe it would have been good therapy for him. 

Then on another day he asked, "Mom, can you fill up that little miniature toilet thing?  You know, that smelly thing?" 

That does not even sound nice or appealing at all.  My oil warmer was becoming pretty disgusting to me, to be honest. 

I put it in a drawer.  Out of sight.  Out of our smelling range.  Nasty little toilet shaped smelly oil warmer!

The other day I opened the drawer where it was tucked away and saw it there...........all new and clean and sparkly, just like a brand new porcelain toilet.  I got it out, put a few drops of oil in it, plugged it in............and waited for the reaction from you-know-who. 

It didn't take long.  "Mom!!   What's that juice you put in the little toilet smell thing?"




He's probably told everyone by now that Mom has a little juiced up toilet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment