Friday, January 13, 2012

Boo-kinis

Aaron and I were on our way this morning to meet Cody, Aaron's Paradigm staff, and of course the Sharktopus movie came up - again!  I told Aaron that I really didn't like the fact that the girls on the beach in the movie were wearing bikinis.  And then he informed me, "Mom, I don't like it when YOU think!" 

Well!  And then he went on to explain that he didn't like me to think of all these things that bothered me about some of his movie choices.  I realize that what bothers me doesn't often bother him - but I am still MOM!  Right?

We pulled up beside Cody's truck.  Cody has learned to go ahead and roll down his window because Aaron is going to stand there and talk for a minute - or longer - before he gets in the vehicle.  Aaron jumped out of our van and exclaimed (loudly), "Hey Cody!  Mom doesn't know if she wants me to get Sharktopus because the girls are wearing BOO-KINIS!!" 

Yes, I spelled it correctly - at least correct according to Aaron.  Aaron has always pronounced the word "bikini"  as  "boo-kini."  I used to correct him in this pronunciation goof, but now I just let it go.  To him it would still come out as "boo-kini." 

And really, when I see some of the women who are wearing bikinis..............well, they're pretty scary.   BOO!   That would be me, actually, if I were to wear a "boo-kini." 

Enough of that.  Cody was cracking up at the "boo-kini" comment..........and so was I.  Aaron noticed our laughter and was delighted that he had said something funny - although he wasn't quite sure what it was that brought such laughter.  So he turned to me and said, "Right, Mom?  You don't know about those girls wearing BOO-KINIS!"  

Which brought even more laughter, which resulted in Aaron bending at the waist and rubbing his hands together with great joy as he joined in the laughter.  Whatever he had said that caused our hilarity, he was loving it!  Seeing Mom laugh after our morning the day before was wonderful indeed! 

It did feel good to laugh loudly...............even if it was at the thought of young teenage girls wearing BOO-KINIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment