Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More About Movies

For quite a long time, whenever Aaron would get a new movie, he would put it in a certain place among his rows of DVDs.  Then he would go back to the first movie and start watching all of his movies over again until he got to the new one.  If he received another new movie, the process would start all over again.  Honestly, this procedure of his wore me out but there was no need in trying to change his ways.  It didn't hurt anything or bother anyone.  Again, it would be many months before he watched most of his new movies - just like reading his new books.  Now he doesn't have that much structure about his new movies.  There are some that take a long time for him to watch but I think he finally realized that it would take a couple years to watch the new ones if he kept doing this. 

Also, he doesn't grasp the give and take of normal conversations like you and I do.  He likes some of that, and enjoys some plots of movies.  But he really likes the action movies or the ones with huge genetically altered spiders, or rats, or bats..........you get the idea.  He just finished a movie about a gigantic shark and octopus.  He was so excited to show me the scene where the shark bites the Golden Gate Bridge in half.  "Mom, isn't that cool?!"  Uh, yeah, Aaron.  And no, don't ask me to watch that movie with you.  I've had enough of that for awhile, believe me!

His group goes to the movies every Friday.  One day, right after The Bucket List came out, he came home and was talking to me about his day.  I asked him what movie they went to see and he replied, "I don't know.  Something about a bucket."  That was the extent of what he got out of that movie!  But on and on he'll go about the enormous, ice age, prehistoric, first frozen and now thawed out, huger than huge, meaner than mean...............shark.  Really?  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment