Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Credits

I walked upstairs to get ready for bed last night and found Aaron in his room, propped up on his bed, and watching a movie on his portable DVD player.  His gaze was fixed intently on the screen and he didn't look at me when I stepped into his room to tell him that I was going to bed.  In fact, without looking at me he held his right hand up and gave me the peace sign - his way of telling me that he hears me but is focused and wants me to be quiet. 

I did a few things and then went back into his room to give him a goodnight hug, which he wants every night.  He was still focused on that screen and so I walked around the bed, expecting to see that the movie was at a very pivotal point.  As I glanced down at the screen, I saw that Aaron was intently watching................the credits!  Yes - THE.  CREDITS!!!   We know that he does this but when I see him actually watching with such concentration something that most of us disregard - well, it just makes me laugh.  He totally doesn't understand why I think it's funny.  For crying out loud, Mom, the credits are part of the movie!  And when Aaron watches a movie, he watches the WHOLE movie - down to the tiny, miniscule print at the very, very end.  I've actually seen him pause the credits to go do something, and then when he returns he rewinds to the beginning of the credits so that he can watch them again from the beginning.  So amazing!

I just wish he was that thorough when he showers or brushes his teeth.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. Alyssa does this exact same thing! We can NEVER turn off the movie while the credits are playing.

    ReplyDelete