Monday, October 31, 2011

Change!

We are experiencing this fact of Asperger's today:

       Persons with Asperger's are easily overwhelmed by minimal change.

Amen.  That came from me.  See how calm I am.

GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Today is Halloween and Aaron knows that his day group is having a fun day.  Some will dress up, but not all will.  Aaron certainly wouldn't because he doesn't like the way that "different" clothes feel on his body.  And to cover his face up with a mask - been there, tried that................no way!

So yesterday Aaron started saying that he didn't want to go to Paradigm today.  I knew why but asked anyway.  He talked about it being Halloween.  I tried to tell him of all the fun they would have today.  Pizza, candy................he's not buying it. 

This morning was the same thing - "I don't want to go to Paradigm!"       "Do I have to go to Paradigm?!"         "Can I stay home?"    

We talked................actually, I talked.................and Aaron didn't really listen.  So I asked him exactly why he doesn't want to be a part of this fun day and he said:

"Because it isn't Paradigm to me today!"

On Monday Paradigm goes bowling!  Not a silly Halloween party that Aaron doesn't like!  And no amount of persuasion will make him want to go.  If I force it we'll have a disaster.  So Aaron is staying home and is now out in his mulch, calming down. 

Maybe I should join him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment