Friday, September 16, 2011

Taking a Trip - Aaron Style

Lest you wonder if I've run away or decided to give up on blogging - nope!  I am not so easily deterred from my new venture.  Actually, Gary and I have taken a trip to West Virginia and North Carolina.  We went to celebrate my sweet little Mother's 85th birthday by joining my 4 siblings and many other extended family in a surprise party for her.  Then on to see Gary's family in the beautiful Smoky Mountains.  I'll have more to say on all that later, but we do have Aaron with us on this trip.  He loves to go with us!  He sits behind us in the van, surrounded by snacks, listening on his CD player to the Four Tops, or watching a movie about giant space alien aircraft landing on earth.  What's not to like?!

Then Gary and I are his captive audience, listening to his stories or answering his many questions.  And hearing him say, "I'm not asking when we're going to stop to eat lunch."  And maybe 15 minutes later, "See, I haven't asked when we're going to stop for lunch."  Awhile later, "Are you glad I haven't asked when we're going to eat lunch?"  For crying out loud, Aaron, JUST ASK AND GET IT OVER WITH!!!!   Of course, his first question as we planned this trip was, "Are we taking snacks and stopping at restaurants?"  And as we drove from the house, "Are you taking that thing that talks?"  Which one, Aaron. You or the GPS?

2 comments:

  1. Aaron is so much like Jennifer, it makes me glad to know I am not alone...thanks. This made me laugh even though Jennifer can frustrate me when she asks or doesn't over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get frustrating, doesn't it Goldie? And they remain clueless!

    ReplyDelete