Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Bedroom

When Aaron was a student at the Day School, Tom (his teacher) would have tea times with Aaron.  They called it "Tea With Tom."  Tom and Aaron would drink tea and just talk.  Isn't that amazing?  That's just one example of what an awesome teacher and person that Tom is.  Anyway, when Aaron was getting ready to graduate Tom said that he wanted to have one more time of  "Tea With Tom."  The seniors had finished attending classes, so Tom came to our house for tea.  Gary had to work, so it was only me at home with Aaron.  They invited me to join them for tea and I eagerly agreed.

I have to explain that off of our kitchen, down a couple little stairs, is a short hallway with a bathroom on the right and a guest bedroom at the end of the hall.  Gary had a bad cold at this time and in order not to bother me at night with his coughing, he had been sleeping for several nights in that guest bedroom. 

Back to "Tea With Tom."  We sat at the kitchen table, Tom and Aaron and I, sipping our tea and talking.  Mostly listening to Aaron talk.  Finally Tom looked at me and asked if he could use our bathroom.  I pointed down the little hallway to show him where it was.  He then saw the extra bedroom and said, "Oh, I see you all have a guest bedroom here."   And my dear Aaron quickly replied, "Yeah, that's where my dad sleeps.  He doesn't sleep with my mom anymore."  Again, where is a sinkhole when you need it?  So I started to explain, and Tom smiled and told me I didn't need to say anything, and I said that yes I do need to say something, and it's all kind of a blur.  Aaron could tell that his statement had created a reaction and he thought it was all great fun.  If we had a doghouse, that's where HE would have been sleeping! 

1 comment:

  1. I bet you've looked for a lot of sinkholes in Aaron's lifetime! Ha! Ha! Gotta love him!!

    ReplyDelete